Tuesday, December 1, 2009

PSCing to Landstul, Germany

PSCing to Landstul, Germany?
Hello, My husband just got orders to Landstul, Germany. We won't be leaving until after March 24th (when he graduates nursing school) so probably looking at around April something. At first, I wasn't on his orders but we have put in paperwork to change that. I have applied for my No Fee Passport already and gone through EFMP screening. Is there anything else that needs to be done? I'm just worried that I won't be able to go with him and wait behind. I hope two months is enough time for everything to go through. Also, any other advice about Housing (on or off base) and where to find furniture and shopping out there would be great. And if we cancel our current cell phone services, what are the best options out there for cell phone providers? I hear T-Mobile is okay, but I don't know about price-wise. :)
Military - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I studied abroad in Heidelberg, Germany for a year, and had a cousin stationed at Ramstein. I've been to Landstuhl about 3 times....beautiful little base up in the mountains (hills, actually). People do most of their shopping at Ramstein, which is about 15 minutes away by car, you go down the mountain and through the little village of Landstuhl to get to the huge base. Landstuhl is not just a hospital, its an actual base with apartment-style buildings where Americans live, a little shoppette, library, and everything else you would find on a any base, but NO PX/BX or commissary.


Read more discussion: