Thursday, January 1, 2009

What is the best way for an American to sponsor a nursing student in the Philippines? Set up a scholarship

What is the best way for an American to sponsor a nursing student in the Philippines? Set up a scholarship?
I know many people that have sent money from other countries (US, Germany, England) to the Philippines to send their relatives to school (typically nursing school). I'd like to know if there is any sure way to to send funds the right places. Is there some kind of service that does this? Should I sent up a scholarship fund? Unfortunately money sent to PI often goes into a blackhole.
Financial Aid - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't think you can set up a scholarship fund, it's just not safe out there to do that. The schools can get greedy. what you can do prolly is ask the person in the Philippines to open a bank account preferrably HSBC, Banco de Oro or BPI, then make a wire transfer from your bank here (Bank of America maybe). Of course there would be a fee for that. I have sent money to my relatives out there that way. I have Bank of America and they have Banco de Oro. For more info go to bacodeoro.com.ph


Read more discussion :