Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Okay, so i am planning on going to nursing school in 2 years. I am taking the pre reqs now

Okay, so i am planning on going to nursing school in 2 years. I am taking the pre reqs now.?
I am taking Biology and Math (algebra). I am originally from germany and i am having a hard time understanding basic highschool biology. We are only on chapter 3 but i am already lost. If i am already having problems now, how am i going to understand the harder classes like Anatomy and the actual nursing classes. Should i look for a different career?
Health Care - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Talk to your instructors NOW so they can help before you get in any deeper. I would suggest a tutor and a study group as the additional instruction and sharing ideas can really help to clarify the information. Don't give up until you have genuinely exhausted the methods available to help you learn the subject.
2 :
Talk to your instructors and check into getting a tutor. Also look into a study group with your classmates. If Nursing is in your heart, keep trying and studying. it's hard work to get through Nursing school, but once it's done....it's awesome! Good luck.
3 :
I'm from Poland, and I have been here for 15 years in United States. I use to speak German too... I lived and went to German High School. . . but listen closely I am a graduate of Ohio State University in major in Comparative Literature, and currently I finished my first year in nursing school. I am graduating from nursing school in summer of 2008, and let me tell you all this stuff is really kicking my butt, anatomy is basically problem solving and memorization, even if you don't do well your first time around, if you take it again, you will understand it at some point. Nursing is not only science but you will be challenged to the bottom of it. Its not to do well in high school. take at a local community college during the summer where you can concentrate on one class that prepares you to think like math and science. Chapter 3 is confusing? Grab partners people from your class, stay after class, ask million and a half questions, get into study groups, find tutors etc.. be involved in each class... and most importantly listen in class...I struggled with that concept half of my life


Read more discussion :